Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
very special and very easy
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (Kerry Irish Gold)
- 48 ounces beef tenderloin steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup bourbon whiskey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Heat oil and 2 TBS butter over medium-high heat.
- Saute fillets 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare and longer for more well-done meat.
- Remove to a warm platter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour oil out of the skillet; add 1 TBS of butter adn the shallots and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef broth and boil rapidly for 2 minutes, scraping the pan for bits of brown flavor.
- Add the bourbon; boil 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining 3 TBS of butter, 1 TBS at a time.
- Pour sauce over the steaks and serve.