Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was first cooked for me by my then fiance. He insisted on the very best steaks from a butcher friend and then produced a truly memorable meal. I had to marry him to get the recipe!
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Trim the steaks and flatten slightly.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spread over both sides of the steaks.
- Put onto shallow oven tray.
- Grill steaks turning until cooked as desired on both sides.
- Serve steaks, combine pan juices and pour over steaks.
My husband made this last night. Even our teenagers liked it alot! I thought it was delicious, and because I love blue cheese, I would use even more in the recipe next time. Also, he sauced just one side. Good recipe!
Ohh the flavours in this are good! I cooked one side of the steak then smeared the cheese mix on top of the undercooked side then placed under grill until cooked to our liking. Delicious.
We just adored this! I made it as directed and everything came together so quickly. It is a dish that I will make again, I just love the blue cheese and steak combo. The only suggestion I will make is that perhaps the cheese mixture should only be spread on top, as I found it rather difficult to turn the steaks with the cheese on the bottom. Other than that, it was perfect!