Recipe by thepurpleturtle
These grilled steaks sound delicious! Taken from the June 2009 issue of Chatelaine magazine.
Top Review by breezermom
Five stars for the butter! I seasoned my steaks the way I normally do. The butter is wonderful! For presentation, I'd freeze the butter, but to serve on the steak, room temp is better....it doesn't cool the steak off and melts wonderfully into the meat. Made for Best of 2009 Cookbook tag. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 steaks (such as strip loin, at least 3/4 in. or 1.5 cm thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, stir butter with cheese, basil and Tabasco. If too lumpy, mash with a fork. Scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into log 1 inches (2.5 cm) wide and tightly roll up. Twist ends of plastic wrap and place in freezer to chill while steaks are grilling. If making ahead, butter mixture will keep well in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Place steaks on grill. Barbecue, uncovered, 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks to plates. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand 5 minute
- Slice butter mixture into rounds and serve 1 or 2 rounds on each steak.
- Excellent with green and yellow beans and baked potatoes.