Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe card from a grocery store, located in the meat area. Not tryed yet so Cooking/Prep time is estimated.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed & drained
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or see Herbes De Provence)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak (4 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons capers
- In a fry pan, melt 1/3 of the butter over medium-high heat; stir in rice & herbs. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add broth; reduce heat. Cover, simmer 35 minute.
- Arrange carrots over rice; sprinkle with pepper. Cover; cook until rice & carrots are tender.
- When rice is almost done, melt remaining butter in a 2nd fry pan over medium-high heat; stir in mustard.
- Add steaks; cook, turning once until well browned (4 to 6 min for rare to medium rare). Remove; keep ware.
- Gently stir juice into rice; spoon onto warm platter. Arrange steaks on platter with rice and carrots.
- Add vermouth & capers to drippings in pan; bring to boil, stirring. Boil 2 minute
- Spoon over steaks, rice & carrots.