Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
Recipe card from a grocery store, located in the meat area. Not tryed yet so Cooking/Prep time is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed & drained
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or see Herbes De Provence)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak (4 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1In a fry pan, melt 1/3 of the butter over medium-high heat; stir in rice & herbs. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2Add broth; reduce heat. Cover, simmer 35 minute.
- 3Arrange carrots over rice; sprinkle with pepper. Cover; cook until rice & carrots are tender.
- 4When rice is almost done, melt remaining butter in a 2nd fry pan over medium-high heat; stir in mustard.
- 5Add steaks; cook, turning once until well browned (4 to 6 min for rare to medium rare). Remove; keep ware.
- 6Gently stir juice into rice; spoon onto warm platter. Arrange steaks on platter with rice and carrots.
- 7Add vermouth & capers to drippings in pan; bring to boil, stirring. Boil 2 minute
- 8Spoon over steaks, rice & carrots.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks, Wild Rice & Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.9
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence