Recipe by IngridH
Adapted from Steve Raichlen's The Barbecue! Bible. This is a quick, easy marinade that makes an amazing grilled steak. The key to making this REALLY fast is to use a thin cut steak and only cook it for a couple of minutes on each side. I serve with grilled vegetables and rice for a complete meal. Prep time includes 30 minutes of marinating in the fridge.
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful steak recipe!!! This is somewhat similar to recipes I have tried for beef fajitas but with less spices/herbs. I bought a 1 1/4 lb flank steak and cut it into thirds and then put each in a freezer ziplock bag and pour 1/3 of the marinade in each bag. They then went into the freezer. Today I took out a bag and let it thaw out a bit, grilled it to medium and then let it rest. At this point I tasted the steak on its own in order to rate it fairly, very full of flavor and a flank steak is a tougher piece of the meat but this was tender from the lime juice. My DD and I had fajita steak nacho's at a restaurant and loved them, so I sliced up the steak into smaller pieces and sprinkled them on top of tortilla chips, sprinkled on green onion and a Mexican shredded cheese blend. Bake them for about 5-10 minutes and topped with sour cream and had salsa on the side (didn't want chips to get soggy) for a wonderful fun lunch!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review my Recipe Tag Game.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for the steaks in a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is a smooth liquid paste.
- On a plate or in a zip top bag, combine 1/2 of the marinade with the steaks, making sure the meat is well coated. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Grill the steaks over high heat, 2-3 minutes per side, basting if desired with the remaining marinade.
- Remove to a serving dish, brush with any remaining marinade, and serve.