After doing some research, it appears that this one is a German recipe although I haven't been able to determine it's origin. A recipe adoption. Note: This is a classic Hungarian recipe, not German. Classic Hungarian ingredients include mushrooms, sour cream and Hungarian paprika. Also, Esterhazy is the name of a noble Hungarian family and there is a castle with that name outside of Budapest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven for broiling.
- 2In a large pan, saute the mushrooms, carrot, and shallot or green onion in butter.
- 3Add paprika, salt, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Simmer for 2 minutes, but do not allow the mixture to boil.
- 5Broil the steaks to desired range, place on serving platter, and top with sauce.
- 6Serve with potatoes, noodles, and vegetables. Also good with a hearty red wine or ale.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks Esterhazy
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1410.7
- Calories from Fat 852
- Total Fat 94.6 g
- Saturated Fat 41.4 g
- Cholesterol 501.1 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 126.8 g