Recipe by Crysty M.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Delicious accompaniment to fish, steak, or chicken any night of the week. With the crunch of bacon, freshness of the tomato, and tangy bite of the bleu cheese crumbles, you will never go back to a baked potato again!
Top Review by Colleen P.
This is a great idea. I am a great cook but never thought of putting these flavors all together. It's the right combination and I loved it.I bet this would be a great scalloped potato bake as well! YUMMM!!!
- 2 tomatoes (I like Hothouse or Beefsteak tomatoes)
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 (12 ounce) package pepper bacon
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a muffin tin (or line a baking sheet with foil, grease foil with butter, and you can make stacks on baking sheet).
- Cook bacon until almost cooked through. It will do more baking in the oven.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Assemble stacks in muffin tin (or if using baking sheet, soak toothpicks in water, make stacks and put a toothpick in each one to keep the shape). You will place 2 potato slices on the bottom, one tomato slice, sprinkle of bleu cheese crumbles, a piece of peppered bacon and repeat this layering of ingredients until you have a nice stack. Add a little butter to the tops of the stacks so it gets nice and brown.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until top is brown. Stacks are easily removed by taking a spoon or knife around the edges and popping them out of muffin tin. Yum!