Recipe by flyin'cook
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love gratins. I have made them with every conceivable combination of potatoes, cheeses and mix-ins. I tend to spend a lot of time making my "from scratch" cheese sauces and that makes it less practical for a quick weeknight dinner. I frequently use light or whipped cream cheese to thicken sauces without thickening our waistlines, so I figured it would work well adding body to my quick and easy cheese sauce. I think the result was creamy and indulgent without all the extra work and the calorie savings were a bonus!
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk. Use a whisk to mix it well. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the entire bag of potatoes to the mixing bowl and toss well to coat. Add the shredded cheese and mix until combined.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with the butter and scrape the potato mixture into the dish. Smooth the top with a spoon and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.