Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Swanson's newsletter.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) canswanson seasoned beef broth, with onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups green pepper strips or 2 cups red peppers, strips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, cooked without salt
- SLICE beef into very thin strips. Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and garlic powder until smooth.
- STIR-FRY beef in medium nonstick skillet until browned and juices evaporate.
- ADD peppers. Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over rice.
- TIP: For Extra Flavorful Rice: Cook rice in Swanson® Beef Broth instead of water. No need to add salt or butter.
A great stir-fry recipe that will be repeated often. Instead of the redpeppers I used orange. That was the only deviance I made to this great chinese dish. Made for TYMTag.