Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Marinating is included in prep time
- 1 package knorr recipe classics roasted garlic and herb seasoning or 1 package French onion soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef round steak (for London Broil) or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- In large plastic food bag or 13x9-inch glass baking dish, blend recipe mix, oil and vinegar.
- Add steak, turning to coat.
- Close bag or cover, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, until desired doneness.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain.
- Garlic Chicken: Substitute 6 to 8 boneless chicken breasts or 3 to 4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces for steak.
- Marinate as directed.
- Grill boneless chicken breasts 6 minutes or bone-in chicken pieces 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
I used the onion soup mix and we all thought the flavor was very good. I marinaded it for about 8 hours. The main problem I had was it started a fire in my oven when I tried to broil it! Even though I had let it drain, I guess all that oil was splattering up on the element. After I got the fire out, I finished cooking it by frying it in an ungreased, hot pan. About 9 minutes on each side had it cooked to perfection for us. I'll use this recipe again, but I'll grill the London broil rather than broil it. :) Thanks for sharing!
Ah, it was ok....flavor wasnt as I imagined, but the marinade did tenderize the top round well....will try it again tho!
I thought that this was a very good marinate. I used the french onion soup mix and broiled the London Broil.