Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'Rachael Ray's Look + Cook'
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices lean bacon, finely chopped
- 2 lbs coarse ground sirloin
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (Gebhardt's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- sour cream, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a chili pot over med-high to high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook it for a couple of minutes to render its fat.
- Add the beef and cook until brown, 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the lumps.
- Add the onions, garlic, chili powder, salt and lots of pepper; cook to soften for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce.
- Add the sauce to the chili to combine, then add the stock; bring to a boil, decrease heat and cook to thicken for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve shallow bowls of chili with sour cream and parsley on top.