- 314.66 ml strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml dark molasses
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml rye flour
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 7.39 ml salt
- 12.32 ml active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine molasses, cooled coffee, & yeast; set aside to proof.
- Combine vegetable oil & brown sugar.
- Combine rest of dry ingredients.
- Add proofed yeast mixture to the oil & sugar.
- Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to wet mixture, then 1/3, and last 1/3.
- Place in large oiled bowl, cover with damp towel & set in warm place to rise until double in size.
- (Bread making tip - patience is required - do let the bread go through its full rise each time!).
- Grease vessel you plan to use for baking (bread pan; 9 x 13 pan, etc).
- Punch down, and form in to shape needed for vessel you plan to bake in ('regular loaf', 12 balls for dinner rolls in 9 x 13 pan, longer for baguette shape, etc).
- Preheat oven to 357* F.
- Let rise until double in size, again.
- Bake in preheated oven - 20 minutes for rolls or 35 minutes for a loaf.
- Bread is done when internal temperature reaches 195 - 200* F.