1/2 Photos of Steakhouse Black Bread - Pumpernickel
3 hrs 35 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine molasses, cooled coffee, & yeast; set aside to proof.
- 2Combine vegetable oil & brown sugar.
- 3Combine rest of dry ingredients.
- 4Add proofed yeast mixture to the oil & sugar.
- 5Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to wet mixture, then 1/3, and last 1/3.
- 6Place in large oiled bowl, cover with damp towel & set in warm place to rise until double in size.
- 7(Bread making tip - patience is required - do let the bread go through its full rise each time!).
- 8Grease vessel you plan to use for baking (bread pan; 9 x 13 pan, etc).
- 9Punch down, and form in to shape needed for vessel you plan to bake in ('regular loaf', 12 balls for dinner rolls in 9 x 13 pan, longer for baguette shape, etc).
- 10Preheat oven to 357* F.
- 11Let rise until double in size, again.
- 12Bake in preheated oven - 20 minutes for rolls or 35 minutes for a loaf.
- 13Bread is done when internal temperature reaches 195 - 200* F.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steakhouse Black Bread - Pumpernickel
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2565.2
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3550.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 454.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.9 g
- Sugars 76.0 g
- Protein 59.3 g