Recipe by Irish in the City
This is a very quick and easy dish from Weight Watcher (4 pts. per serving!). The salsa can be made evern more colorful by using a variety of tomatoes, be creative!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was a very different steak dinner for us. I liked the salsa with doubled the lime juice. I made this the day before and it had great flavor. DH is not convinced he likes his steak this way but was a nice change. I only added a pinch of cumin. Didn't want to push him too far. LOL Thanks Made for PAC Fall 2009 :)
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 medium onion, red,chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup cooked corn kernel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean sirloin beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler (or grill or however you want to cook the steak) Combine tomatoes, onion, japs, lime juice, cilantro, corn and tsp salt, set aside.
- (I like to make this a few hours early and let it marinate in the fridge) Smash garlic and salt with knife and make a paste; add cumin and pepper and then spread over steak.
- Cook the steak however you like and serve with salsa!