Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Gorgonzola cheese is an elegant topping for this hearty and unique steak dinner lovely enough to serve to company.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds) or 1 top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup traditional pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- hot mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Top with the cheese. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve over mashed potatoes.