Gorgonzola cheese is an elegant topping for this hearty and unique steak dinner lovely enough to serve to company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds) or 1 top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup traditional pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1/2 cup feta cheese
- hot mashed potatoes
- 1Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium. Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir the sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Top with the cheese. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With Tomato Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 359.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g