Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We found this recipe from the January 2011 Bon Appetit to be easy for a weeknight and full of flavor. We served with Pan-Roasted Broccoli 155018, which we highly recommend.
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 (12 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup low-salt beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup beer (Stout)
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Spread 1 tsp mustard over steaks; sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meat about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to plate; tent with foil. Wipe out skillet.
- Mash butter and flour in small bowl; set aside. Heat 1 tsp oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic; saute 15 to 20 seconds. Add broth; bring to boil. Whisk in stout, brown sugar, soy sauce, 3 tsp mustard, and butter mixture. Boil until reduced to 2/3 cup, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice steaks; divide among plates. Drizzle sauce over and serve.