Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From chatelaine magazine.
- 2 loin strip steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Coat a large frying pan with oil. Set over medium-high heat. When hot, add steaks. For medium-rare,cook until well browned and meat gives slight resistance when pressed, 2 to 3 minutes per side.Remove to plates.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic butter to pan. When melted,add mushrooms. sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir often until edges turn brown,3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth and sherry. Scrape bottom of pan to stir up any brown bits. Boil,stirring occasionally to develop flavour,2minutes. Spoon over steaks. Sprinkle with green onion.
Excellent flavor in the mushrooms. I used Marsal wine in stead of sherry it is a bit softer in the flavor. Grilled the steaks on my griddler. Cut back on the butter Lovely recipe.