- 2 loin strip steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large frying pan with oil. Set over medium-high heat. When hot, add steaks. For medium-rare,cook until well browned and meat gives slight resistance when pressed, 2 to 3 minutes per side.Remove to plates.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic butter to pan. When melted,add mushrooms. sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir often until edges turn brown,3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth and sherry. Scrape bottom of pan to stir up any brown bits. Boil,stirring occasionally to develop flavour,2minutes. Spoon over steaks. Sprinkle with green onion.