1/8 Photos of Steak With Shallot-Red Wine Sauce
The sauce makes these steaks really special. Use rib-eyes or beef tenderloin for a really tender meal. From Good Housekeeping, January 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- 2Meanwhile, pat steaks dry with paper towels.
- 3Add margarine to skillet.
- 4Add steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning steaks over once.
- 5Transfer steaks to cutting board; keep warm.
- 6To drippings in skillet, add shallots and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and tender.
- 7Add wine to skillet and heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- 8To serve, thinly slice steaks and spoon wine sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With Shallot-Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 30.0 g