Recipe by lazyme
The sauce makes these steaks really special. Use rib-eyes or beef tenderloin for a really tender meal. From Good Housekeeping, January 2003.
Top Review by Nif
Another very delicious recipe from lazyme! The recipe was super-easy, the steak was tender, the sauce was flavourful but not overpowering. I was really happy with the results. I cooked my steak for 4 minutes a side because I like blue rare! Made for Went to the Market. Thanks lazyme! :)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (12 ounce) boneless rib-eye steaks or 2 (12 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, pat steaks dry with paper towels.
- Add margarine to skillet.
- Add steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning steaks over once.
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add shallots and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add wine to skillet and heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice steaks and spoon wine sauce on top.