For Zaar World Tour II- Italy Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1984)
Make and share this Steak With Red Peppers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Broil red pepper 6-inches from heat until skin blisters and blackens. Steam in plastic bag for 10 minutes. Peel off skin, discarding stem and seeds. Rinse and pat dry. Dice and set aside *or use one 4-oz jar roasted peppers, diced.
- In a food processor puree ricotta, cream and garlic until smooth.
- In a saucepan over low heat cook the diced sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend in ricotta mixture. Cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons into ricotta sauce.
- Meanwhile while sauce is cooking, grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a plates and serve sauce with steaks. Top with whole sun-dried tomato and basil.
Ellie, My DH loved this.. he already adores sundried tomatoes so this looked like a tailor made recipe for him. I did add extra sundried tomatoes to the sauce as well as the ones on the top... DH was very enthusiastic and I could give this to him anytime and get no complaints that he's had enough :)I did make one change since I was in a hurry, I didn't have time to do the peppers in the oven so I put them into a hot frypan and dry fryed them, for the most part the skins stayed on, and the taste was still excellent. When I have more time I will do the oven roasting method. Please see my rating system: a winning 5 stars ! Thanks :)