For Zaar World Tour II- Italy Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1984)
Make and share this Steak With Red Peppers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Broil red pepper 6-inches from heat until skin blisters and blackens. Steam in plastic bag for 10 minutes. Peel off skin, discarding stem and seeds. Rinse and pat dry. Dice and set aside *or use one 4-oz jar roasted peppers, diced.
- In a food processor puree ricotta, cream and garlic until smooth.
- In a saucepan over low heat cook the diced sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend in ricotta mixture. Cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons into ricotta sauce.
- Meanwhile while sauce is cooking, grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a plates and serve sauce with steaks. Top with whole sun-dried tomato and basil.