Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 well-trimmed beef t-bone steaks (about 2 pounds) or 2 well-trimmed porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red bell peppers or 2 medium yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise in quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- Combine garlic, basil and pepper in small bowl; mix well.
- Remove 4 teaspoons seasoning; press onto both sides of steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well; set aside.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium coals; arrange vegetables around steaks.
- Grill steaks uncovered 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning both once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Season steaks to taste with salt.
- Trim fat from steaks; remove bones.
- Carve steaks crosswise into thick slices; serve with vegetables.
- Notes: Brush vegetables with cheese mixture, and cook them in foil packets on a covered grill for about 15 minutes.
Excellent! Fast, easy, and delicious. However, I just made the veggie portion of this dish. I added some squash to the other veggies, sprinkled on the herbs and black pepper, then tossed it with the parmesan, vinegar, and oil. I omitted the garlic, and it was plenty flavorful without it. I poured it all into a tinfoil bowl and grilled alongside some steaks I prepared using a different recipe. When the steaks were medium-rare, the veggies were done.