1/4 Photos of Steak With Parmesan Butter, Balsamic Glaze, and Arugula
Source: Bon Appétit (October 2008)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces rib eye steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
- 4 cups lightly packed arugula
- 2 large lemon wedges
- 1Mix grated cheese and butter in small bowl.
- 2Season generously with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3Sprinkle steak generously with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add steak; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 6Transfer to plate.
- 7Add vinegar, shallots, and sugar to skillet; boil until reduced to glaze, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- 8Divide arugula and Parmesan shavings between 2 plates.
- 9Squeeze lemon over.
- 10Slice steak; place atop arugula.
- 11Top steak with Parmesan butter.
- 12Drizzle lightly with glaze.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With Parmesan Butter, Balsamic Glaze, and Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.5
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 268.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 33.6 g