Top Review by MaryMeow
This had great flavor. I followed the recipe exactly, except I substituted lime juice for the vinegar. The lime juice was a bit strong for my husband, but I liked it. I used thin cut ribeye steaks, and pounded them down to 1/4 thickness. So Good! I will be making this again and again. Thank you for the recipe!!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 lbs trimmed boneless beef top loin steaks (, 1/4 inch thick slices) or 2 lbs trimmed filet of beef (, 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 large onions, sliced very thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic, black pepper, adobo, oregano and vinegar together and rub into steak.
- Heat oil in skillet on low, cook onions until barely cooked (keep crisp and white).
- Remove onions and drain on paper towels.
- On high fry steaks rapidly on each side until brown.
- Serve with onions.