Recipe by princess buttercup
Dad's Favorite! Steaks are so tender and flavorful.
Top Review by Audrey M
This recipe was quick and easy plus it was made with items you have on hand. This recipe is great for the nights you don't want to put the time into a meal yet want that home cooked taste. This fits the ticket. Thanks for posting.
- 6 cubed steaks (or round steak, cut in pieces)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge steaks in flour mixture.
- Brown in oil.
- Sprinkle dry onion soup over steaks.
- Spread sliced onions over top.
- Sprinkle remaining flour over onions.
- Pour water over and cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.