Abby Girl's Note:
Nothing beats a good steaks and this recipe is tops. I get huge reviews every time I serve this one. Works well with chicken and veal scaloppine also
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns in brine, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add steaks and sauté until brown and cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 2Using tongs, transfer steaks to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 3Add shallots and peppercorns to skillet. Sauté until shallots soften, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add broth, mustard and cream, then brandy; boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cut steaks crosswise into scant 1/2-inch-thick slices. Overlap slices on 2 plates; spoon sauce alongside and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With Mustard and Green Peppercorns
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.6
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 328.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green peppercorns in brine