Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is from the Healthy Mom's Slowcooker Cookbook. It is great served over rice. For those on Weight Watchers it is 4 points per serving. The author doesn't seem to like spice, so I double the spices and added salt.
- 12 ounces fat free beef gravy
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons italian tomato paste with garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks, trimmed and cut into 6 equal pieces
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or line with slow cooker liner.
- Combine gravy, mushrooms, tomato paste, garlic powder, pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spread half of the gravy mixture in the slow cooker; top with steak and remaing gravy.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-7 hours.