Prep 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful tasty Filet meal.
- 4 (4 ounce) lean beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup canned no-salt-added beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steaks from skillet, and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until tender. Combine broth, wine, and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Add to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Return steaks and any steak juices to skillet; cook 2 additional minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 slice sourdough toast on each of 4 individual serving plates. Place 1 steak on each piece of toast, and spoon mushroom sauce over steaks.