Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 12 ounces sparkling apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons coarsely crushed peppercorns
- Cut several small slits in 2 lbs.
- of steaks (choose New York strip, sirloin, T-bone, porterhouse or Delmonico steaks), sliced 1 1/2" thick.
- Mix marinade and pour over steaks, place in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain marinade.
- Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of steaks.
- Oil broiler pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray, then preheat pan under broiler.
- Sear steaks in hot broiler pan, flip to quickly brown other side.
- For medium steaks, broil eight minutes each side on top rack.