Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 4 top loin beef or 4 beef t-bone steaks or 4 porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1 package dole ceaser mixed salad green
- This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Save leftovers to use in salads, sandwiches or to topped baked potatoes.
- Stir together butter, lemon juice, green onion, parsley, and pepper.
- If necassary, chill about 20 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape into a 1-inch thick log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- Slightly, slash fat on edges of the steaks at 1-inch intervals.
- (This prevents the meat from curling during broiling.) If desired, sprinkle steaks with seasoned salt.
- Place steaks on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- Slice lemon butter into 8 slices.
- Place 1 or 2 slices atop each steak.
- While steak is cooking, prepare salad mix as directed on package.
Mimi the steaks are very good. We liked the Lemon flavor. Next time I am going to add some GARLIC. I used New York Steaks and served it with Chia's wild rice and Spinach Gratin.
Mimi, served this up last night to 3 people, they all enjoyed the lemon taste, said it gave the steak a nice tang! With the leftover butter, I used it on some salmon. Thanks for a tasty recipe!
Yummy seasoned butter for these steaks! I'll bet it would be good on some grilled veggies to! We just had a delicious lunch...thanks Mimi!