Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great when you want a restaurant quality meal and you don't have a lot of time to cook. These are very rare steaks, so I usually cook mine about double the time specified to get medium results!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, coarsley chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1/2 inch-thick
- 4 slices prosciutto or 4 slices ham slices, thin, trimmed to fit steaks
- 4 slices provolone cheese, thin, trimmed to fit steaks
- 4 sprigs Italian parsley (small)
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallot and garlic and saute until mushrooms are brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to skillet and saute just until brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Top each steak with prosciutto slice, 1 tablespoons mushroom mixture, then cheese slice and parsley sprig.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Transfer steaks to plates, tent with foil.
- Return remaining mushroom mixture to skillet.
- Add Marsala and boil until reduced almost to a glaze, about 6 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over steaks.
Oh yooper, I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!This has got to be one of the most tender and flavorful steaks I have ever had. All the ingredients build upon one another creating a perfect combination enhancing the flavors of the beef. This is one of the recipes I picked for the pick your chef thread. It goes to prove that you can low carb it and have an elegant and sensational tasting meal. Thank You