Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am suggesting the Chuck Eye Steak, because of it's relative value, and canned green beans and mushrooms because of it's simplicity, however, the more expensive Rib Eye Steak, and fresh vegetables are certainly acceptable.
- 2 (5 ounce) chuck eye steak
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- Cover both sides of the steaks with first the salt and pepper, and then the olive oil.
- Place in a pre-heated dry skillet (cast iron is best) and sear for 3 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat, and add the beer, green beans, and mushrooms to the hot pan.
- Stir for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and stir for an additional minute.
- Serve with a starch of your choice, and cold beer or wine.
Beans & Mushroom Combo is Fantastic