Recipe by CountryLady
Recipe from the Cucina Rustica in Sedona Arizona! The sauce can be made 2 hours ahead of the steaks, let stand at room temperature & rewarm when the steaks are ready. If you don't like heat, leave out the peppers. These directions are for pan fried steaks BUT ..... there's always the BBQ!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed & sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled (about 4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo (from canned chipotles in adobe)
- 8 (6 ounce) filet mignon, about 6 oz each (or other good steaks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms & saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic & stir for a minute; add whipping cream & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium & simmer until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes; stir in cheese & peppers and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Heat remining oil in another large, heavy skillet; cook steaks until brown on both sides & cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Pour sauce over steaks before serving.