Recipe from the Cucina Rustica in Sedona Arizona! The sauce can be made 2 hours ahead of the steaks, let stand at room temperature & rewarm when the steaks are ready. If you don't like heat, leave out the peppers. These directions are for pan fried steaks BUT ..... there's always the BBQ!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed & sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled (about 4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo (from canned chipotles in adobe)
- 8 (6 ounce) filet mignon, about 6 oz each (or other good steaks)
- 1Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms & saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add garlic & stir for a minute; add whipping cream & bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium & simmer until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes; stir in cheese & peppers and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 4Sprinkle steaks with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- 5Heat remining oil in another large, heavy skillet; cook steaks until brown on both sides & cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 6Pour sauce over steaks before serving.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.8
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo