Recipe by Funda
From Cooking Light April 2011. If you can't find mache, use butter lettuce or baby spinach. Cooking time includes resting time for steak.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 (5 ounce) packageprewashed mache (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 3/8 teaspoon salt; rub evenly over surface of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan, and cook for 5 minutes on each side (for medium) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- While steak cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining pepper and salt, radishes, and cucumber in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add mache; toss gently to combine. Serve the steak with salad. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.