- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1/2 and 1/2 garlic powder and salt)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2 lb) beef flank steak
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steak with seasonings.
- Place in a shallow pan or double plastic bag, set aside.
- In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and chop up into small pieces.
- Do not drain grease; add onion; saute until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bacon.
- Stir and simmer until jelly melts and mixture is smooth; stir occasionally.
- Pour half of sauce over steak, toss; cover or seal. store extra sauce in a sealed container in fridge until needed.
- Let steak marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard extra sauce from marinating steak; grill as desired brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
- Heat any leftover sauce and serve with sliced steak.