Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy steak or pork chops done on the grill, then covered with a great sauce. Perfect for any summer time meal. I found this in a grocery store calendar. Y-U-M !!!
- 1 (355 ml) can Coke (or whatever cola drink you like)
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 steaks (strip loin works best, at least 3/4 inch thick, or for pork chops use 8 thick cut, bone in chops)
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large glass dish, mix together Coke, chili sauce, vinegar, molasses, and chili powder. Add steaks and cover to coat. Let marinate at least one hour, but up to 24 hours if there's time.
- Remove steaks and let excess marinade drip off.
- Pour marinade into a suace pan. Add garlic.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally for around 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1 1/4 cups. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, place steak on pre heated grill over medium heat. Turn once, leaving on for your desired doneness. Remove to plate, and pour sauce over top.
- MMMMM -- .