Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy, garlicky, and steaky. From Life's Ambrosia.
- 4 serrano peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flat iron steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove the seeds from two of the serrano peppers. Add peppers, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and rice vinegar to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl combine garlic powder, dried cilantro and kosher salt. Rub mixture over steak. Allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Heat sesame and olive oils in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Cook steaks 3-4 minutes per-side for medium rare. Transfer to plate. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon chili-lime sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
- Serve with plenty of jasmine rice to soak up the spicy sauce and steak juices.