- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.