1/3 Photos of Steak with Caramelized Onions
Caramelized onions splashed with balsamic vinegar makes a full-flavored, lower-calorie alternative to a high-fat sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- 2Add onions and garlic.
- 3Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 4Add brown sugar and salt.
- 5Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- 6Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- 7Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- 8Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- 9Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- 10(Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- 11Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- 12Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak with Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 174.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 25.8 g