Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Weeknight Menus magazine and I am putting it here for safe keeping. I get asked for this recipe alot it is easier to print out a copy than it is to hand write it and maybe miss something. Hope you all enjoy! Oh, and feel free to use pork chops of comparable size if you like.
- 16 ounces New York strip steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; sear in oil in a large saute pan over high heat for 6 min, turning once. Remove steaks from pan; let steaks rest until sauce is ready. (This makes sure you have a JUICY steak).
- Add mushrooms and shallot to pan that was used to cook the steak; saute over medium-high heat until any liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook until it begins to brown. Add flour; cook sauce about 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the brandy; reduce until liquid is almost evaporated. Add broth; cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3 minute.
- Serve sauce over steaks.