Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is simple enough for weeknight but fancy enough for company
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirlion steaks, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- percent milk
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick skillet.
- sprinkle steaks with salt and sear 10 minutes on one side and six on the other.
- remove from pan and wrap in foil to rest.
- reduce heat to medium low.
- add garlic and pepper to uncleaned pan and stir.
- add brandy slowly and stir.
- gradually whisk in flour.
- add jelly, cream and milk.
- simmer until mixture thickens slightly.
- reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes.
- add steaks and cook five minutes.