Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy BBQ meal.. Any leftover butter can be frozen and used at a later date. Prep time does not include the refrigeration time of the butter.
- Make butter.
- Combine butter, blue cheese, parsley and paprika in a bowl.
- Place butter on a plastic food wrap and roll into a log shape.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat BBQ to a high heat.
- Put peppercorns and oil in a bowl.
- brush steaks with oil mixture.
- grill steaks 3-5 min's each side or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Cut butter into approx 2cm thick slices and top each steak with 1 or 2 slices of butter.
- Serve dish immediately could serve with a nice garden salad.
Very good! I used my own seasonings on the steak, but used the butter mix. I grilled my steaks over a charcoal grill. I had a 2 inch filet mignon, and that worked perfectly. I did have lots of butter left over, so I'll save that for another day. Delicious! Made for Best of 2011 Tag game. Thanks for sharing!
Easy peasy and delicious! We opted to BBQ a Porterhouse steak (i.e., New York with a filet) and that worked out very well. So much savory butter to freeze for later! Thanks, Flying Chef! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #55, Group 4.
Very Very good steaks . Made for dinner, made recipe exactly as posted without any changes. The blue cheese butter was EXCELENT, great flavoring and taste. A recipe I would not hesitate to make again. Thanks for the recipe. Made for NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK..