Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Another delicious steak with a butter topping for your next grilling. Use the left over butter on hot cooked vegetables.
Top Review by Chrissyo
Karen, This is just so crumpish. A simple and easy recipe that is big on flavour. The blue cheese added a real delicious flavour to the steak. My daughter isn't a steak lover but boy did she woof this down quickly. I cut back on the amount of margarine I used. Also, I used low sodium and low fat margarine. Honestly, you just have to try this recipe. If you are not a lover of blue cheese, you can get milder versions of blue cheese. Thank you, Karen, this is a real keeper to please the steak eaters in the family.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 beef t-bone steaks or 2 porterhouse steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine butter, blue cheese, parsley, basil and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Top each steak with a generous amount of the butter mixture.
- Chill the remaining butter for another time.
- (Try the butter mixture tossed with hot cooked vegetables).