Recipe by **Mandy**
This was in an outdoor kitchen cookbook I picked up in a thrift shop. I don't really like whiskey in drinks but it's fabulous in this!
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! I share your dislike of whiskey in drinks, but in this sauce it was perfect. I chives and the hint of mustard really make this dish. I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture, because the steaks looked so nice with the sauce and fresh ground pepper. Since it was dark outside, I pan-fried the steaks in a separate pan, but first I cut off some fat and a strip of steak to fry in butter in the sauce pan for this sauce. Thanks for posting Mandy!
- 30 g butter
- 4 pieces scotch steak fillets
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 tablespoons beef stock
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan over a medium flame and seal meat on both sides. Continue cooking for a further 2 minutes Transfer steaks to BBQ & cook to desired degree.
- Add chives to pan and cook over a low heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer gently until just thickened.
- Serve steaks with whiskey sauce.