Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super marinade for any steak. Great not only in the summertime, but year-round.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a heavy-duty plastic food bag, mix all ingredients well.
- Place steak in marinade and seal bag tightly.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, inverting bag every hour.
- Marinade can be used to baste steak while grilling.
I omitted the salt and replaced it with lemon pepper, and I used Port wine instead of red wine because I think it has a heartier flavour. I marinated a couple of cheap steaks for about 16 hours, broiled them today, and they were delicious. First class marinade, Art - thanks for posting!
This was simply wonderful. I think next time I make it I will marinate overnight, because the flavor is so wonderful I want it to really soak into the meat. The flavors blend together so well; its just perfect and so simple to throw together. Thanks so much Art!
Good marinade. I discovered a lack of balsamic vinegar in my pantry so substituted with red wine vinegar and it was still very good. Thanks!