Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat (or chuck roast cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- If using oven, preheat to 325 degrees.
- Combine the beef and onion in a 4-quart slow cooker or a Dutch oven with a lid.
- Cover with the beef gravy and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook until the meat is fork tender, 7-8 hours on LOW, 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- If using Dutch oven, cover and bake until the meat is fork tender, 2 horus.
- Spoon over the hot cooked rice to serve.