Recipe by diner524
A recipe that was in my TOH magazine (by Lisa Huff) that I saved to try, but haven't yet. It sounds like a great thing to make for snacking while football is on or for a great lunch/dinner. I would saute the onions and peppers in a small bit of butter or oil while the steak is marinading, til softened. You can use whatever cheese makes you happy and I put the pineapple as optional, as I wouldn't use it.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Soooo good! I cut the steak into strips before marinating for about 4 hours. I left out the green peppers and used canned- crushed pineapple. The meat was tender and the marinade was very good! Will make these again! Made for PRMR.
- 78.07 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 78.07 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml minced fresh gingerroot
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 453.59 g beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped fresh pineapple (optional)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green pepper
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons for filling. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak from the grill and cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper and beef.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over three tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with beef mixture. Drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- Grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges; serve immediately.