1/2 Photos of Steak Teriyaki Quesadillas
A recipe that was in my TOH magazine (by Lisa Huff) that I saved to try, but haven't yet. It sounds like a great thing to make for snacking while football is on or for a great lunch/dinner. I would saute the onions and peppers in a small bit of butter or oil while the steak is marinading, til softened. You can use whatever cheese makes you happy and I put the pineapple as optional, as I wouldn't use it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons for filling. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3Remove steak from the grill and cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper and beef.
- 4Sprinkle half of the cheese over three tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with beef mixture. Drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- 5Grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Teriyaki Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 379.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g