1/3 Photos of Steak Teriyaki
This is NOT like the thick sauce you get from a bottle, so please be warned! It is however absolutely melt in the mouth divine, and a real treat in our home! Recipe is from The Age newspaper (I think!), can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly salt the steak and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Fry the onions in 1 tablespoon of the oil in frying pan; remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- 3Add rest of the oil to pan and heat. Pat the meat dry with paper towels and add to pan. Cook til medium rare, about 2 minutes each side; there should be pink in the middle.
- 4Remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- 5Reduce heat to low, add sake to pan and let bubble for 30 seconds, then add mirin, sugar and soy. Stir well and simmer for about a minute.
- 6Slice meat thinly and arrange on top of rice with onions; spoon sauce over.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Teriyaki
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1099.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: